Monday 11 November 2019

The Great Drain Game

Hey Guys in the morning we went to what we call the great drain games ( that is a tongue twister ) I had a lot of fun while learning about drains and what happens to them if something happened Did you know that cigaret buts can make things bad and worse even if it is one little thing. Here is where dirty water goes Waste Water Treatment Plant and the clean water just goes out to sea e.g rain drops
Enjoy!!!!!




Activity
Paragraph:
Caravan Tour

Hey Bloggers I am writing about the Caravan Tour this is about what should go where one of the ones I know is that if it is either coloured water with paint in it then it will go into water waste treatment plant where it will be filtered meaning it is going to be clean. I did a rubbish one it was the cigarette buts she asked where it went we all said in the rubbish and the other ones we liquid or rubbish types. There was also a diagram of the places where the liquids would go either the filtering or it would go into the sea.
What I learned about this is that dirty water goes into a place called water waste water treatment plant and the rest I knew goes into the sea.
ENJOY!!!!!!       
VR/ WetLands

After the Model of where the liquids or rubbish goes we went to activity two it was learning about the wetlands and seeing life but in a virtual reality way. I started off with the wetlands and we learned about like most of the native birds will come here e.g kingfishers and pukeko’s and fishes that we had in New Zealand. There was a little example of the wetlands of what happens. Did you know that the sand in wetlands are rough at the top but soft at the bottom. Then I went to the VR session where it looks like you are in the moment. I learned that in the VR session that people let stuff go into the drain and then on the sand it is polluted. 
Mapping Drains


This was our last Activity and it was tracking drains down we finally got into our buddies and I was with Gina but we all had to stay in our buddies but together, so we all had different answers in the drains even though we stayed together I found this easy but fun because we got to see drains that we walk past all the time and even though I was here for five years I had never seen some of those Drains. We got to work with a teacher aid Iunisi and without here we would have never gone to the great Drain Games. I had learned that Drains help us but we help them by picking up rubbish so the Drains don’t flush the Rubbish into the sea.     
  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.